The Asset Management Industry: An Introduction to Career Opportunities
February 21, 2024 • 2:00–3:00 p.m. (CT) • Virtual
This one-hour webinar explored career opportunities in the asset management industry for students at Alabama State University (ASU) and Tuskegee University (TU). Students heard directly from recruiters about the skills and qualities they look for and how ASU and TU students can leverage their experiences to stand out as candidates for jobs in the industry. New hires discussed what it is really like to work in asset management and their thoughts on industry careers.
- Asset management industry career paths and entry-level positions
- Characteristics of individuals who thrive working in asset management
- Certifications that students might earn before applying for a job or internship
- Job search advice
- Types of training commonly provided by asset management firms to help associates progress in their careers
- Common workplace challenges
Speakers and Moderator
Senior Associate, Global Client Group
Dimensional Fund Advisors
Talent Acquisition Manager
Manager, Talent Acquisition
State Street Global Advisors
TRENELL BRADLEY, Moderator
Senior Director, Human Resources
Investment Company Institute
At the program's conclusion, participants will have the opportunity to submit resumés to a repository accessible only to ICI member firms. These asset management firms may contact participants directly about internship and job openings.
If you have any questions about this webinar, please contact Linda Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org.